Newest Version of Our EDIS Delivers Powerful Performance Enhancements
At MEDHOST, our commitment to providing cutting-edge technology consistently pushes us to evaluate and enhance our solutions and development processes so that our Customers have the best products available. Recently, we shifted to an Agile Development process, which means more frequent and improved quality of version releases. Our development teams have been heavily focused on re-architecting how our EDIS application accesses and shares data to give our Customers even better performance and other improvements.
Because database technology and overall connectivity have greatly improved, we’ve made our EDIS a “thinner” client by directly accessing the information in the database instead of loading data to each local machine’s memory. For our Customers, this means you can load large staff lists without performance degradation. In addition, multicast is now optional so sites have a choice on how to sync data across their network. With our latest EDIS release, version 4.4, we not only decreased the start time of our EDIS, but we also reduced memory requirements, improved performance and enhanced stability. These technology enhancements are especially useful for Customers leveraging Citrix or virtual deployments.
Additionally, version 4.4 delivers:
- New fields and interface options for improved data alignment with pharmacy systems.
- Storage of non-ED patient data, creating the foundation for longitudinal patient records
- An application programming interface (API), so documents in MEDHOST, including physician documentation, nurse charting, orders, results, and more, can be easily accessed from other systems, giving inpatient providers a real-time view of patient information
- Support for ICD-10
- A new registration page that dramatically streamlines the auto-merge process and vets patient information early on
- More advanced staff search list features that make it exceptionally easy to look up staff by name, specialty, position, etc.
With these latest technical improvements, our EDIS is faster, more powerful and more efficient than ever. We’re proud of these accomplishments and look forward to sharing more developments with you in the near future. If you want to learn more, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Patricia Daiker RN, BC
VP of Product Strategy