MEDHOST COVID-19 Response
During this trying time we are grateful to all our customers, partners, and other healthcare providers working the frontlines to safeguard the health of our communities. Along with those nationwide, we express our gratitude for what you do.
As we all work together through this challenge, MEDHOST remains committed to providing continuity of business and 24/7 support, along with all the other services you rely on.
If you have questions, please contact your Account Executive.
MEDHOST is committed to working with you to meet your project deadlines. Some of the approaches we are using to accomplish your patient care and operational goals include:
- Performing as many software builds, data conversions, and other functions remotely as we can
- Using web conferencing tools to conduct training online where possible rather than onsite
- Ensuring that MEDHOST personnel comply with facility policies with respect to screening individuals who must come onsite
Your designated project manager will be reaching out to you in advance of any planned onsite activities to discuss the appropriateness of those scheduled visits, as well as to understand any impact to your timelines and needs.
Please reach out to your project manager or any of our Implementation Services Leadership resources if you have any concerns or questions about your active or upcoming implementations.
MEDHOST Tools to Help Identify COVID-19
Since January 2020, MEDHOST has made available Coronavirus (COVID-19 or 2019-nCoV) screening solutions based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
New travel related screening questions are available within both MEDHOST Enterprise EHR and Emergency Department Information System (EDIS) workflows. MEDHOST customers can use these screening questions in both the inpatient or emergency department settings.
Measures to Protect Our Associates, Customers and Communities
- MEDHOST has implemented policies per the latest CDC guidelines that include encouraging associates to work from home. As always, MEDHOST has a disaster recovery plan in place that will enable us to continue to provide our vital healthcare partners with 24/7 support and as well as access to other services.
- Our cloud-hosting environment is under constant monitoring to help minimize the impact higher than usual patient volumes may have on hospital IT teams.
- We have discontinued all non-essential travel and events to minimize the impact COVID-19 may have on our customers, associates, and communities.
- We have asked our associates to take advantage of teleconferencing capabilities as much as possible to help minimize exposure risks, but also to allow them to remain in close contact with our customers.
During This Critical Time
Your patients need critical information to protect themselves. But you also need to protect your clinicians and hospital staff. To alleviate the pressures constant patient engagement may cause, MEDHOST has created customizable communications that we can send to patients on your behalf free of charge. Please reach out to your Account Executive to learn more about this service.
COVID-19 Billing Impact
The COVID-19 impact is changing the healthcare environment rapidly including the billing codes and CMS waivers to prevent gaps in access to care. MEDHOST is committed to provide you with the most updated resources and information in an effort to minimize disruption to your operations and to help ensure that you get paid for the services rendered.
You can find the document with the description of the billing codes and waivers and other relevant information in the COVID-19 web page under the documentation menu in the MEDHOST Community. Please note that this information will be updated as we get new revised information from The Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and The Centers of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
If you have any questions about accommodating these billing codes and waivers that have been authorized for COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Executive.