Enhancing care coordination with solutions that drive interoperability
To achieve optimum care across all settings, every provider and patient should have access to the same health data. With shared access to healthcare data each individual involved in a patient’s care journey can create and execute on a comprehensive care plan. To attain this coordination we need interoperability.
In itself, interoperability is not a product and no single solution will solve all the goals it hopes to achieve. Currently, interoperability in healthcare is still developing in terms of delivering on widespread data availability and exchange. However, MEDHOST believes that interoperability should be considered a core characteristic of electronic health record (EHR) platforms. By linking the challenges of interoperability with the wide-ranging potential of an EHR we can come closer to delivering on the core promises of this worthy HIT endeavour.
Our interoperable EHR platform offers built-in solution that can facilitate improved care coordination that helps to fulfil the requirements of the healthcare legislation.
Patient Health Record Exchange
Our vision for higher interoperability standards supports the exchange of data at every care setting. MEDHOST supports these exchanges through:
- CCDA 2.1 Support – Enables the latest CCDA version and multiple document templates, allowing hospitals to facilitate improved care coordination for patients.
- Direct Messaging – Utilizing millions of end points on the Direct Trust Network, our Community Mail application supports the secure communication and bi-directional exchange of healthcare documents, provider-to-provider across organizations as well as provider-to-patient.
- Automated transition of care – MEDHOST helps hospitals save time and reduce disruptions by automating notifications to primary care physicians concerning their patient’s hospital visits.
- Cross-platform query and retrieve – With patient consent, healthcare facilities can automate queries across hundreds of hospitals on the MEDHOST platform to locate and incorporate additional health records for their patients.
- SureScripts Integration – Interoperability integration with the SureScripts network allows users to pull prescription history for patients as a part of their e-prescription and medical reconciliation workflow. This contributes to increased patient safety, lower costs, and improved quality of care.
Connecting the Community
Through online portals like Clinical Gateway and YourCare ContinuumTM, MEDHOST can streamline the care coordination process between the clinic and hospital settings to ensure seamless scheduling and referrals of order services:
- Cloud-based scheduling solution that ensures you capture revenue opportunities from referring clinics.
- Electronic bi-directional transfer of laboratory and radiology orders and results.
Patient Access and Engagement
- FHIR APIs – Developers seeking to use third-party applications to support improved access and services for patients can do so with APIs that utilize OAuth 2. These integrations allow facilities to discover new ways patients can view and interact with their health records.
- Patient Portal – Designed to improve the availability of health information, our YourCare Community® patient portal empowers patients to take a more active role in their care. Providing patients with access to their own records allows them to securely transmit, download, and distribute health data as needed.
- Integration of fitness data and external health apps – Patient Engagement Platform allows patients to build upon their health record by consolidating health and activity data from apps and wearable devices like Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, or a glucometer.
Public Health Reporting
- Certified public health and clinical data registry reporting – MEDHOST supports federal and state initiatives to further population health management by offering 2015 edition CEHRT interfaces for:
- Immunization reporting
- Syndromic surveillance
- Electronic lab reporting
- Public health surveys
- Managed Integration Services – A full-service cloud-based solution for managing the flow of electronic data. This service also supports an organization’s independent data exchange and interface requirements.
Interoperability Resource Center
Video: Intro to Interoperability – What It Is and Why Participation is Key
MEDHOST’s Director of Interoperability gives a quick breakdown on one of the most critical challenges facing the healthcare IT sector, especially EHR providers. In this video, Laskaris talks about what interoperability is, how it has evolved, what it will take to achieve, and why full-on participation is important for its success.
Infographic: Under the Microscope: Sequencing the DNA of Interoperability
In today’s consumer-driven healthcare market, improved coordination across the entire care cycle is essential to optimizing population health management. Similar to Meaningful Use and EHR adoption, Interoperability needs to be a priority for healthcare organizations nationwide.
The Value of CCDs on the Road Toward Interoperability
The continuity of care document is instrumental in facilitating communication about the patient between providers. Learn how it can help your healthcare facility be even more interoperable.
Why Participation is Key to Promoting Interoperability
Find out how along with TEFCA’s guiding principles, participation and collaboration can help healthcare promote interoperability.
Memberships and Partnerships
MEDHOST is a proud partner of CommonWell Health Alliance®
And the Center for Medical Interoperability®.